วันจันทร์, มิถุนายน 04, 2550

being an island unto myself

Breathing in, I go back to the island within myself...
this poem was inspire by the last sutra of Buddha before he pass away.
the sutra is about 3 jewels within ourselves.



when we take refuge to buddha, dharma and sangha

it's within ourselves.

we should not take refuge to anybody but ourselves.

we are like the hut with many doors and windows, eyes ears... (6 doors)



what we think, tastes and so on are like a wind blowing through the window and make miserable and we try to organize things but we cannot.

the most important thing is to close the six doors of the senses.

don't try to see or hear... anymore

sit down quitely and light the lamp of mindfulness

be in an island within

everyone has that own island
with our practice
mindfulness, concentration and insight are the shortest distance to the island within.
I've recieved this island from the Buddha.
I'd like to transmit to everyone.

"Dharma is my mindfulness, shining near shining far.
Buddha is my breathing, guarding my body and mind.
Sangha is 5 skandas operating in harmony"

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: