วันพฤหัสบดี, พฤศจิกายน 02, 2549

On the edge of the night

My room and this vastness,
awake over parroting land, - are one.
I am a string, strung over rustling wide resonances.
The things are violin bodies, full of grumbling dark;
inside the wifes' weeping is dreaming,
inside the rancour of whole dynasties is stirring in the sleep…
I shall shake silverly:
then everything underneath me will live,
and what errs in the things,
will strive after the light,
which falls from my dancing tone,
around which heaven waves, through narrow,
yearning cracks, into the old chasms without end…
R.M. Rilke, January 12th 1900,
Berlin-Schmargendorf
English translation by Philipp Kellmeyer

ps.ขอยืมquoteของกวีท่านนี้มาใช้เป็นคำโดนใจตัวเองเป็นเวลาหลายปีแล้ว แล้วยังขโมยเอามาใช้เป็นชื่อบล็อคอีกด้วย วันนี้เลยขอเอาผลงานของเค้ามาเก็บไว้ซะหน่อย เสียดายที่ไม่รู้ภาษาเยอรมันเลยไม่เคยได้อ่าน original version กับเค้าซักที


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: